1. The information we collect
We collect and store all the information that is useful to us to provide the best service to our users, whether it is obtained automatically by the use of our services or provided voluntarily by users, from basics (as language) to complex (as an opinion) data.
Information collected automatically
The information that is collected and stored automatically in our web server and log files is the one users allow us to access by simple communication or by operating certain mechanisms (eg. website search):
• Device information (hardware model and operating system version);
• IP address (Internet Protocol);
• ISP (Internet Service Provider), such as Sapo, Clix or other;
• Used browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or other);
• The registration of information search: date, time, duration and pages.
It is the personal information users voluntarily provide us. Polen Surfboards does not collect, directly or indirectly, any information relating to personal data. By voluntarily providing us with personal data, you are specifically authorizing its treatment and inclusion in our database. Personal information includes, among others, first and last name, address, email address, phone number, credit card number, date of birth, age, sex, country, language and interests. Personal data is provided when you access to our pages and register (creating a user account), execute a purchase, enter a contest, in sales or other promotions, contact us or respond to questionnaires.
2. Why we collect information and what do we do with it
We collect information because we need to know and understand our users’ needs in order to provide a high quality service. In particular, for the following reasons:
• Personal data is fundamental for requests to be processed correctly;
• The more we know about the behavior of our users, the better we can analyze trends and draw a profile, which according to our users' interests will enable us to personalize the website and improve our services, products and content;
• In order to contact our users for market research purposes;
• To advertise new offers and goods/services;
• To develop new services;
• To protect ourselves and the interests of our users.
3. The information that we share
We do not share personal information with other companies, organizations or individuals, except in the following circumstances:
• With the users' consent;
• With domain administrators if the user's account is managed by a domain administrator;
• With specific suppliers, who are granted access to any or all information, but always in restricted terms, reduced to what is strictly necessary for the performance of their services, such as delivery companies, which only have access to the customers’ names and given phone numbers and addresses.
4. Cookies and similar technologies
What are Cookies and why we use it
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be stored in the user's device. Once permitted, it is stored in the browser's cookie file on users' hard drives through our web server. In addition to identifying the device, cookies allow us to improve the user experience of our website and offer a personalized service. In one hand, the information that we collect allows us to analyze traffic in our website (source, date and time of access); on the other hand, with the forms users fill in and questionnaires they respond to we know their interests, needs, preferences and tastes. Cookies provide a faster and more efficient navigation, eliminating the need for users to repeatedly enter the same information. On our website we use session cookies and permanent cookies. Permanent cookies can be of our own or from third parties.
Session cookies and permanent cookies
Session cookies are temporary. They are the "small files" that remain in the cookie file of the browser until the user leaves our website and are deleted after he or she ends their session. The session cookie also expires after a certain time duration of inactivity on the website;
Permanent cookies remain in the cookie file of the browser over a much longer period of time, depending on the settings that are selected in the browser configuration. These cookies allow information to be passed to the web server whenever the user visits our website.
Permanent own cookies
Permanent own cookies are created and managed by us to:
• Integrate security elements, memorize the selected products and the list of search keywords whenever you access your client account;
• Offer a personalized content according to user preferences (advertising based navigation profile);
• Analyze the questionnaires carried out so as not to show the cookies for several days.
Cookies (permanent) from third parties
We can use third-party advertising on our website as we may use or hire others to carry out certain tasks, such as advertising and marketing, data analysis, customer support, the accommodation of websites and e-mail coordination. These third parties may use technologies (cookies and/or web beacons and pixel tags) that allow them access to personal information of our users, but only to carry out their tasks. For example, the field of action of the entities that advertise their products on our website may be restricted to a geographical area and targeted to a specific type of user, as well as the entities to whom we come to resort to publicity campaigns and marketing can be summarized to measuring the effectiveness of campaigns and customizing its content. At this point, we suggest you consult the privacy policies of such third parties.
Third parties permanent cookies that will be installed in the browser's cookie file, when you visit our website, may be the following:
• Analytical Cookies: those that are used for activity measurement on the website, in particular on its operation, how the users found it and how they use it;
• Technical Cookies: allow the users to identify themselves and access restricted access areas;
• Customization Cookies: allow third parties to have an approximate knowledge of the location of our users;
• Advertising Cookies: allow to provide information on the ads displayed. The purpose of this tool is to improve and manage such presentations, avoiding the repeated publication of advertisement.
Locking and unlocking cookies
Overall, cookies help to provide a better and more personalized navigation experience. A cookie in no way gives us access to the users' computers or allows us to collect personal information. We only have access to personal data that you voluntarily provide to us. Most browsers are set to accept cookies, but if you prefer you can change your settings to block or unblock some or all cookies. The "Help" toolbar in most navigation software will tell us how to prevent our browser from accepting cookies, how to have our browser notifying us when we receive new cookies or how to disable all or some cookies. If users decide to block cookies they will have to take into account that some of the features and functions in our website may not work properly, namely:
• Users cannot access their account;
• In the next visit, they will not have access to the history of their preferences;
• We cannot offer them personalized content.
5. Access and update of user personal information
Not all users see privacy the same way. We want to be fully transparent about the information we collect so that you have access to your personal information and can consciously choose, without any restriction, how the information is used. In this sense, at any time, users have the right to change their personal data, oppose to or decide on its treatment, withdraw their consent and exercise any other rights provided by Law, by addressing your wish to firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, for our control, we can:
• ask users to confirm their identity;
• Decline too repetitive applications that require disproportionate technical effort that could harm the privacy of others or would be extremely difficult to achieve;
• Do not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers or remove information from our backup systems in order to prevent the information from being destroyed accidentally or maliciously.
If users withdraw their consent, this does not compromise the legality of the treatment processed to that date, nor does it prevent us from preserving the information in our database for legal reasons.
6. Information Security
7. Links to Third Party Websites
8. Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities
It is forbidden to use our website for illegal purposes or any other purposes that may be considered harmful to the image and name of Polen Surfboards and brands advertised on our website. The user who disregard the ethical rules of use and good education will be deleted. Cases of fraud, counterfeiting, the use of counterfeit or usurped content, illegitimate identification and unfair competition will be reported to the authorities and the perpetrators will be punished by Law. Users agree and undertake to defend, indemnify and hold harmless (if prosecuting) to Polen Surfboards and its collaborators (external and internal) of liabilities from and against any claim or demand by third parties and all obligations, damages, costs and expenses.
11. Responsible for Treatment/Subcontractor